python script to windows exe

sandeep shiningsandy at gmail.com
Mon May 19 03:32:41 EDT 2008

hi all

i am very much a newbie to python but has some experience of
development.i am trying to write a script which will loop through the
outlook 2003 inbox and save the email data in an simple data.html page
and save all the attachments in a folder name emails.after some
initial struggling i am able to write this script.but now i want to
create the exe file of this script.i have used py2exe for this job and
created the exe. but when i run the exe my program in not behaving as
it supposed to be.its generating some errors.i dont know why this
thing is happening as when i run my script it works fine.can some one
put some light here. i am using python2.5 and is using
py2exe-0.6.6.win32-py2.5.exe of py2exe. My os is windows xp with
service pack2.

thanks and reagrds
sandeep kumar sharma