PHP + TinyButStrong Python replacement

bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com
Wed May 7 15:18:36 EDT 2008

On 7 mai, 16:17, pistacchio <pistacc... at gmail.com> wrote:
> George Sakkis ha scritto:
(snip)
> > What does it matter if it's a single file or a dozen under a package ?
> > "Installation" for pure Python packages can be as simple as copying
> > the package under any directory in your PYTHONPATH.
>
> well, it doesn't matter if it's a single file or a package, but it
> _does_ matter if you have to put them under the path where python is
> installed because, in a typical shared web hosting environment (such the
> one that i use) you don't have access to system directories.

You *never* have to install anything in the default path - install
your python libs wherever you want, and just make sure this wherever
is in your python path (usually via the PYTHONPATH environment
variable).

> > Check out Mako (http://www.makotemplates.org/), it's pretty powerful
> > and fast.
>
> woudl you suggest mako over cheetah?

As far as I'm concerned, I would.  Now if you're looking for a
somewhat barebone MVC framework, you may want to have a look at
web.py.