Using Python for programming algorithms

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Mon May 19 05:52:16 EDT 2008

Henrique Dante de Almeida a écrit :
> On May 17, 7:32 pm, Vicent Giner <vgi... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello.

(snip)
>> However, it is usually said that Python is not a compiled but
>> interpreted programming language —I mean, it is not like C, in that
>> sense.

(snip)
>  I guess that python is not a good language for that.
(snip)
>  My opinion: choose compiled or byte compiled languages.

Slightly OT (ie : not talking about computation-heavy alorgithm being
better implemented in C then wrapped in Python - this seems quite
obvious) but just a couple facts:

1/ being interpreted or compiled (for whatever definition of these
terms) is not a property of a language, but a property of an
implementation of a language.

2/ actually, all known Python implementations compile to byte-code.