Grabbing previous iteration in a dict

dannywebster at googlemail.com dannywebster at googlemail.com
Fri May 9 05:10:56 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I have a dictionary of which i'm itervalues'ing through, and i'll be
performing some logic on a particular iteration when a condition is
met with trusty .startswith('foo').  I need to grab the previous
iteration if this condition is met.  I can do something with an extra
var to hold every iteration while iterating, but this is hacky and not
elegant.

Is there a mechanism whereby I can just index the dict value
subscripts like in an array? I could just rewind by 1 if so.

Cheerz

dan.