File Creation Not Working In A Thread Class?

bc90021 python at bc90021.net
Sun May 11 15:28:39 EDT 2008

> ...and the exact error message was?
>
> Here is a tip: if you want people to help you, then you have to help
> them to help you.  Personally, I wouldn't respond to anymore of your
> questions because you seem incapable of posting the information that was
> requested.

So far, the people who have answered this post have gone on the
assumption that I'm stupid.  I'm not.  I took perfectly working code,
cut it from one class, and put it in another.  It stopped working in the
second class.  I've spent days on this and trust me, given what I've
experienced of the Python community so far, if I didn't have to ask, I
wouldn't.

(I really must say that so far the help I am getting in the Python
community is a big let down.  Whether it's on IRC or here, everyone has
an arrogance that I don't find anywhere else in the open source
community, and it seriously makes me question the choice of language that
I've made.)

The error message was at the top of the thread (am I incapable of posting
it, or are you incapable of following a thread?), but here it is again:

IOError: [Errno 2] no such file u'tempfileName'