addendum Re: working with images (PIL ?)

Poppy znfmail-pythonlang at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 14:35:25 EDT 2008

I've put together some code to demonstrate what my goal is though looping
pixel by pixel it's rather slow.

import Image

def check_whitespace():
    im = Image.open("\\\\server\\vol\\temp\\image.jpg")

    size = im.size

    i = 0
    whitePixCount = 0
    while i in range(size[1]):
        j = 0
        while j in range(size[0]):
            p1 = im.getpixel((j,i))
            if p1 == (255, 255, 255):
                whitePixCount = whitePixCount + 1
                if whitePixCount >= 492804:  ## ((image dimensions 1404 x
1404) / 4) 25%
                    return "image no good"
            j = j + 1
        i = i + 1