File Creation Not Working In A Thread Class?

bc90021 python at bc90021.net
Sun May 11 13:55:15 EDT 2008

On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:36:25 +0100, Arnaud Delobelle wrote:

> bc90021 <python at bc90021.net> writes:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any and all help!
>>
>> I have this code:
>>
>> g = open(fileName, 'a')
>>
>> where fileName is defined before the line it's used in.  It works fine
>> when I use it outside a thread class.
>>
>> When I put the same line in a thread class, it no longer works, and I
>> get an error:
>>
>> IOError: [Errno 2] no such file u'fileName'
>>

> It's telling you that you haven't got a file called 'fileName'. Posting
> the code that triggers this error would allow people to diagnose the
> error accurately rather than guessing.

f = open(otherFile).readlines()
for i in len(f):
	for c in range(0,24,1):
		if os.name == "posix":
			tempfileName = "\"proctemp/" + self.matrix[c][0]
+ "_tmp_" + fileName + ".txt\""
   	if re.search(f[i], pattern):
		g = open(tempfileName, 'a')
		g.write(f[i])

This code works *perfectly* unless I put it in a class that inherits from
threading.Thread.  In the thread class, everything works (I can see the
"c" value, and I can print out each line in "f[i]", it's just that the g
= open line doesn't work.