Cookies and CookieJar

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com`
Fri May 16 11:21:11 EDT 2008

I'm struggling with a project using mechanize and cookies to screen scape a
website.  The site requires a client created cookie for authentication.  Below
is the code I'm attempting to use with the traceback I'm getting:

 >>> import Cookie
 >>> c=Cookie.SimpleCookie()
 >>> c["Manageopen"]="cards"
 >>> c['Manageopen']['expires'] = 0
 >>> c['Manageopen']['path'] = "/"
 >>> c['Manageopen']['domain'] = ".domain.com"
 >>> c['Manageopen']['secure'] = ""
 >>> c.output()
'Set-Cookie: Manageopen=cards; Domain=.domain.com; expires=Fri, 16-May-2008
14:06:00 GMT; Path=/'
 >>> import cookielib
 >>> cj=cookielib.CookieJar()
 >>> cj.set_cookie(c)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python25\lib\cookielib.py", line 1617, in set_cookie
     if cookie.domain not in c: c[cookie.domain] = {}
AttributeError: 'SimpleCookie' object has no attribute 'domain'

I also tried:

 >>> cj.set_cookie(c["Manageopen"])
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python25\lib\cookielib.py", line 1617, in set_cookie
     if cookie.domain not in c: c[cookie.domain] = {}
AttributeError: 'Morsel' object has no attribute 'domain'

I've looked at everything I can find via Google and nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Larry