Bug in floating-point addition: is anyone else seeing this?

Dave Parker daveparker at flamingthunder.com
Wed May 21 16:56:48 EDT 2008

On May 21, 2:44 pm, "Jerry Hill" <malaclyp... at gmail.com> wrote:

> My understand is no, not if you're using IEEE floating point.

Yes, that would explain it.  I assumed that Python automatically
switched from hardware floating point to multi-precision floating
point so that the user is guaranteed to always get correctly rounded
results for +, -, *, and /, like Flaming Thunder gives.  Correct
rounding and accurate results are fairly crucial to mathematical and
scientific programming, in my opinion.