get the pid of a process with pexpect

Karim Bernardet bernardet at cppm.in2p3.fr
Mon May 5 10:18:43 EDT 2008

Hi

I am using pexpect to do ssh tunneling and to open a vnc server (jobs on
a grid cluster). When the job is canceled, these 2 processes remain on
the worker node (they are detached), so I have to kill them (using a
trap command in the bash script of the job) but I need the pid of each
process. I have tried to get it like this

ssh_tunnel = pexpect.spawn (tunnel_command % globals())
print ssh_tunnel.pid

but ssh_tunnel is not the pid of the ssh tunnel

Is there a way to get it using pexpect ?

Cheers

Karim