Chinese names in Python source

kirby.urner at gmail.com kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon May 12 23:36:53 EDT 2008

It's probably not news to anyone here that Python 3 gives us
access to the unicode codespace for Python names, not just
string literals, meaning our functions and classes, lists and
dictionaries, might go outside Latin-1 for their source code
representation.

I have an example in my blog:
http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2008/05/chinese-names-in-python.html

If others have Python source with names in other languages,
that might be fun to see.  Images are probably better than actual
source code, as it's up to the font library to render unicode
properly and many Python text editors aren't prepared to render
all these characters (yet).

I used lucidabright in IDLE for my screen shot (Ubuntu 8.4 laptop).

Kirby
Portland, OR