where is the Write method of ElementTree??

gray.bowman at gmail.com gray.bowman at gmail.com
Thu May 22 16:56:33 EDT 2008

I'm messing around with trying to write an xml file using
xml.etree.ElementTree.  All the examples on the internet show the use
of ElementTree.write(), although when I try to use it it's not
available, gives me ...

   ElementTree(sectionElement).write("section.xml")
TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

I'm new to python, so I think I'm doing something wrong.. any
thoughts?

Thanks.'

See code below:

# Create xml structure
sectionElement = ElementTree.Element("section")

# step through feed result and create elements for each article -
result[article]
for article in feedResult:
    articleElement = ElementTree.Element("article")

    titleElement = ElementTree.SubElement(articleElement, "title")
    titleElement.text = article['title']

    bodyElement = ElementTree.SubElement(articleElement, "body")
    bodyElement.text = article['body']

    sectionElement.append(articleElement)

#print ElementTree.tostring(sectionElement)
ElementTree(sectionElement).write("section.xml")