managing properties/configurations

Venkatraman.S. venkat83 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 07:22:17 EDT 2008

On May 16, 7:45 am, "A.T.Hofkamp" <h... at se-162.se.wtb.tue.nl> wrote:

Thanks

> By picking better names, the config gets much more readable.
>
> The big advantage here is that a config file is something readable and editable
> without appearing it to be Python.
> If this is too low level for your users, you can use it as a data exchange
> format between the processing application and the frontend application where
> users can change the values.

The problem being, if i change the config file, then the configobj has
to reload this file again. I do not want to 'refresh' the config obj
per transaction but only when the config params change.

> > Now when i 'manually' make some changes to the value of a,b,c,d then
> > the the checkCutoff func should refer to the new values.
>
> Maybe reload the file each time you run the program?

The program is never-ending and do not think in terms of websites here
- probably something like a server/middleware which can never be
brought down.

I was thinking along the terms of an Interrupt driven program, which
when getting a custom interrupts reloads the file - any potential
loopholes/falls that anyone can anticipate?

Regards,
Venkat