pop langs website ranking

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Thu May 1 12:50:32 EDT 2008

xahlee at gmail.com wrote:
> Alexa's data is more reliable than quantcast.

Alexa claim to have accurate data on lots of sites but I just tried to
correlate their data with the exact data on our web server and the
discrepancies are huge. For example, combining our number of absolute
visitors with their measure of "reach" for our site indicates that there
are 58 billion internet users.

So their data are not even order-of-magnitude accurate. The only web analyst
I ever met was an astrophysicist so this does not really surprise me. ;-)

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/?u