arrays

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Mon May 19 04:29:51 EDT 2008

Marlin Rowley wrote:
> All:
>
> Say I have an array:
>
> a = (['rrrrggggbbbbaaaa'],['rrrrggggbbbbaaaa'])
>
> How do I make it so that I now have:
>
> starting with first element (a[0])
> new_arr[0] = 'r'
> new_arr[1] = 'g'
> new_arr[2] = 'b'
> new_arr[3] = 'a'
> new_arr[4] = 'r'
>
> continuing "through" a[1] with the same new_arr
> new_arr[N] = 'r'
> new_arr[N+1] = 'g'
>
> -M

2 questions:

1.  Why have you flooded this news group with three identical copies of
a question under three different subject?  This is a (mild) bit of abuse
of the newsgroup.  One copy with a reasonable subject line is enough.

2.  Haven't I answered this question for you often enough already?   Was
my answer not clear enough, or has the problem again changed slightly
enough to require a new answer?   Having solved 3 or 4 versions of this
problem for you already, I'm wondering why I'm seeing it posed yet one
more time.   If this is *exactly* the same problem I solved once already
(and I believe it is), why are we seeing it again, and if it is not the
*exact* same problem,  why are we seeing so many similar version of
it?   It's starting to feel like a slight abuse of my time to see this
problem on the newsgroup again.

Gary Herron