USB HID documentation?

ETP Matthew.Moorland at gmail.com
Mon May 5 01:35:43 EDT 2008

I have a little robot project I'm programming in python using the
Lynxmotion SSC-32 servo controller via serial.  I'd like to use a USB
game controller (PS2 style) to control the robot.

I've read a number of threads about the difficulty of using USB
without extensive understanding of the way it works, but a few have
stated that HID is different somehow.  I definitely do not have any
USB knowledge, and I don't care to get into that.  However, if USB-HID
is much simpler I would love to learn.

I have the python extensions for windows:
but I haven't found any documentation on how to implement HID in
python.  Can anyone give me some examples or links?

Thanks much.