Python and Flaming Thunder

Collin collinyeung at shaw.ca
Tue May 20 21:05:41 EDT 2008

Dave Parker wrote:
> I've read that one of the design goals of Python was to create an easy-
> to-use English-like language.  That's also one of the design goals of
> Flaming Thunder at http://www.flamingthunder.com/  , which has proven
> easy enough for even elementary school students, even though it is
> designed for scientists, mathematicians and engineers.

Personally, FT is a bit meh to me. The way you issue your statements I
always think something is wrong, mainly because when I want to define,
say, x, in python I'd go:

x = "whatever"

Instantly noting that I defined x. While in Flaming Thunder I'd have to
type:

Set x to "whatever"

It just feels wrong.