can python do some kernel stuff?

Jimmy mcknight0219 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 11:14:00 EDT 2008

On May 23, 5:53 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> Jimmy schrieb:

> >>http://wiki.python.org/moin/elmer
>
> > well, straightly speaking, how can I know a key is pressed on a system-
> > level if
> > using python?
>
> What has that todo with kernel programming? You can use e.g. pygame to
> get keystrokes. Or under linux, read (if you are root) the keyboard
> input file - I've done that to support several keyboards attached to a
> machine.
>
> And the original question: no, python can't be used as kernel
> programming language. Amongst other reasons, performance & the GIL
> prevent that.
>
> Diez

sorry, my aim is not limited to one particular program. Yes, many
library can
permit you to respond to keyboard event, however, what I want is a
universal
function. as long as a key is pressed, no matter where, my program can
repond.

I am quite strange with this topic. But according to my understanding,
any event, keyboard event
for example, once triggered, will be dilivered by keyboard driver to X
system, and then
any running program can either choose to respond or ignore. So my
question can be translated to:
how to make my program respond ?