Ploneboard - grouping forums and setting up on disk

Paul Rudin paul at rudin.co.uk
Fri May 23 04:30:42 EDT 2008

I'm investigating using ploneboard and have a couple of questions.

First of all I don't quite get what the global view/local view
distinction is - perhaps someone could be good enough to explain what
it's for.

If it possible to group forums so that permissions can be applied to
each set so - for example - we have a set of public forums viewable by
everyone and a set of member's forums viewable only by logged in
members. I understand that permission can be set for each forum
individially, but it would be nice to have a grouping so that a new
forum can be added to a group and it automatically gets the appropriate
permissions for that group.

Finally - is it possible to configure the available forums and
permission on disk, so that a given forum structure can easily be setup
in a new plone instance without having to redo it through the web each
time?

TIA.