I'm stuck in Python!

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:01:08 EDT 2008

On May 13, 8:46 am, Sanoski <Joshuajr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any programming that helps you solve a problem is fun and
> recreational. At least, that's how I look at it. I suppose it really
> depends on why you're doing it, what your objective is, etc. But I'd
> say, why not?
>
> Tron! That's one I haven't seen in awhile. I'll have to take a mental
> note to rent the movie again someday. I always thought a game based on
> the movie hackers would be cool. Actually not based on the movie
> itself, but on that 3D computer world they kept breaking into. Ah man,
> it's so funny looking back on that film. Gibson, that's what they
> called it. It was like a 3D database. That in itself wouldn't make a
> very good game, but I suppose one could easily be created around that
> idea. Perhaps it could be combined with Lawnmower-man. You're somehow
> trapped in this 80's looking 3D world that has access to all the
> world's information. More stuff could be thrown in to make it more
> interesting. And of course, there would have to be hidden references
> or parodies to whatever movies inspired it.
>
> Good luck with your project
>
> Sincerely,
> Joshua
>
> On May 13, 9:02 am, castiro... at gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Hi all.
>
> > I am trying to write to the Python newsgroup.  I doubt (aha, but
> > doubt) that I have come to the right place.  (Incoming "this"!)  Is
> > this the Python newsgroup?  I heard it was called comp.lang.python.
> > Now to repeat the subject line.  I'm stuck in Python.
>
> > Now that was fun.  I will also try to enumerate simple screen savers
> > (graphicals, graphiclizers).  It may be profitable on some non-bank-
> > breaking scale to compile the results.  Shall I proceed?  The risk is
> > "overunity", such that one person can't be at liberty to live, which
> > in some technical political arenas would be an "anarchy", but there
> > are sufficiently many of those that I will too.
>
> > Does anyone want such a list, or if not, is it at least fun and
> > recreational to make it?  The dollar would come along the lines of
> > PowerPoint (name (tm)), so it may be free to do it, very entertaining,
> > and peaceable.  (As the above would show, you would be free to
> > approach me to -buy-; I won't oversell.)  I like programming.  (And is
> > Guido getting his fair share?  I am prepared to share with him.)
> > Check in his name.
>
> > I want to try to ally with other programmers and make cool games, like
> > Tron, that one party can make games for on a console, such as live
> > obstacles, incl. tear-down, and certain people have to play from time
> > to time.  But you can't charge to do it, so it's a guaranteed game.
> > (That in virtue of that I'm typing.)  Advantages include microspacing
> > of time.  Very summer.
>
> > Resemblances would include Dungeons & Dragons with multi-host, or
> > multi-ref small-shooter sport-likers.  The real-time is definitely
> > attractive (duh).  As for voice, it's not clear it's the most
> [...]

My bot just tries to take control and lead.  (The bot that I'm
writing!)  However, it is amusingly unsuccessful.  We see in lines, so
the game would be pretty primitive, but I'm not sure that everything
else isn't merely too exciting, such that Tron wouldn't be monkey-in-
the-middle, or king of the hill, of fun.  I'm just not on a hill, so
someone else would have to try to play it with me online!