why is com-prompt faster and how do i start at cprompt at mydir/ ?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat May 24 01:01:56 EDT 2008

notnorwegian at yahoo.se writes:

> On 24 Maj, 05:48, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-s... at benfinney.id.au>
> wrote:
> > Can you tell us exactly which programs you mean when you say "the
> > shell" and "the commandprompt"?
>
> commandprompt = windows dos-windows
>
> shell = standard python interactive prompt

Thanks.

Be aware that referring to "the shell" without further qualification
is usually understood to mean "the operating system shell", i.e. the
command shell provided for running operating system commands.

So, you're asking about the difference in behaviour between "the
Windows command shell" versus "the Python interactive shell".

--
 \        “I cannot conceive that anybody will require multiplications |
  `\          at the rate of 40,000 or even 4,000 per hour ...” —F. H. |