WXpython Question

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:29:16 EDT 2008

On May 23, 8:24 am, Gandalf <goldn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I try to reach a specific wx StaticText element's text and to change
> it by clicking on a button
>
> now let's say the this is my element:
>
> wx.StaticText(panel, 15, "Hello" ,(30, 70) , style=wx.ALIGN_CENTRE)
>
> And this is my EVT_BUTTON bind function :
>
> def OnClick(event):
>
> which code shude i enter to change "hello" to "goodbay"?
>
> thanks

You're probably looking for SetLabel(). So if you do something like
this to instantiate the StaticText:

self.myText = wx.StaticText(panel, 15, "Hello" ,(30, 70) ,
style=wx.ALIGN_CENTRE)

Then you can change your text by adding this to your OnClick event
handler:

self.myText.SetLabel("goodbye")

Have fun! And remember, there's a great wxPython mailing list too:

http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php

Mike