Import/Create module from buffer

Gruik benjamin.fremiot at gmail.com
Mon May 12 04:49:22 EDT 2008

Hi people,

I'm currently working on python embedding with C++. My goal is that
the C++ part handle files writing/reading so that the Python part only
works with buffers.

I succeeded in buffer exchanges. The problem is that some of the files
I read/write are python files so that, before embedding, I imported
them as modules when I needed them.

But now that the Python part only receive buffers, I can't do it
anymore. So I wonder :
- is it possible to import module from a buffer instead of files?
- or is it possible to create a module object from my buffer?

I looked on the Internet but didn't find anything about that. Does
anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Benjamin