SOAP/ZSI post/get for Java Web App

Jennifer Duerr jenn.duerr at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:02:29 EDT 2008

All,

I need help concerning SOAP, Python and XML. I am very new to this, so
dumbing it down for me will not offend me!

I'm using Python and want to send a user-inputted string to an
existing Java web app that
will output results to XML. I need to capture elements of the XML and
put
the info into a table. (say I send a single/simple address string to
this
webservice/geocode, which then returns numerous possible matches with
XY
values and score values, and I want to capture that into a table)

How do I go about doing this? I'm told I need to use SOAP. I
discovered that
the best module to use is ZSI (please correct me if I'm wrong). I have
installed the necessary module. Examples I have seen are plenty and
all so different, its not clear to me how to go about.  I have been
spinning my wheels for too long on this!

Can someone provide some example code similar to what I need to do? Or
any
guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!