cmd.Cmd bug or at least docu-bug

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu May 29 05:26:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm fiddling around with module cmd. I tried to pass my own streams as
replacements for stdin and stdout. However, stdin wasn't working. After a
look into the sourcecode I discovered that there is an class-variable
called

use_rawinput

that prevents using the passed stdin. I then read the docs again - and found
it described. However, I think it should be mentioned on the first page
where the constructor is described that without setting use_rawinput to
False, stdin will be ignored.

Or even better either make use_rawinput set to false in case stdin is passed
anything but None or at least make it a keyword argument.

Any thoughts about this?

Diez