using PIL for good screenshots

Tim Arnold tim.arnold at sas.com
Mon May 12 17:45:00 EDT 2008

Hi,
I'm using PIL to enhance screenshots for print and online publication. I'm
writing to see if someone else is doing similar work. The shots are dialogs,
menus, etc. -- my workflow to create the print images:

(1) writer takes screenshot on Windows XP box (96dpi)
----------------------
*** Python Image Library ***
(2) convert to RGB
(3) resize to a writer-specified width using nearest neighbor*
(4) enhance with Sharpness enhancer, factor=2

I think these look pretty good, but if you have a different method or good
advice, I'd like to hear from you.
*nearest neighbor used for going up in size, antialias for going down in
size.

thanks,
--Tim Arnold