How to kill Python interpreter from the command line?

spectrumdt at gmail.com spectrumdt at gmail.com
Thu May 8 11:29:33 EDT 2008

Hello.

I am running Fedora Linux and KDE, using the Konsole command line.

When coding Python, I regularly make a bug causing my program to not
terminate. But how do I kill the non-terminating Python interpreter
without killing the entire Konsole?

The default way of killing the current process on the command line is
Ctrl+C, but that doesn't work with Python. Neither do the "terminate
task", "suspend task" or "interrupt task" commands (available from
right-click in Konsole).

So, can someone please help? How do I kill Python without having to
restart Konsole?

Thanks in advance.