Python Syntax and misspelled variable and method name checker?

neerashish neerashish at gmail.com
Thu May 8 13:58:45 EDT 2008

Is there a good Python Syntax and mis-spelled variable and method name
checker available.

I have been programming in python for last 6 months and misspelled variables
and method names have been bane of my python life.

In complied languages, compiler checks for these mistakes. I come from Java
, C++ background.

I use komodo as editor on mac. I use python 2.4

Please suggest some good tool and utilities.

thanks
Ashish