Python and Flaming Thunder

hdante hdante at gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:34:09 EDT 2008

On May 13, 10:58 am, Paul McGuire <pt... at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On May 13, 8:32 am, Dave Parker <davepar... at flamingthunder.com> wrote:
>
> > > Don't let yourself be irritated by castironpi
>
> > I'm not the sort to get irritated by anyone.  There is value in all
> > interaction.
>
> Not this interaction, I'm afraid.  What irritates *me* about
> castironpi is that he uses a chatterbot to clutter up the threads
> here.  If you go back to his postings from a year ago (and selected
> ones since), his comments are coherent and sensible.  These rambling
> stream-of-consciousness rants about t.v.'s and coffee are (I guess)
> his idea of a joke.  But they are certainly not worth your time in
> trying to respond to them.
>
> -- Paul

 I don't think castironpi so annoying that I should filter its
messages. It would be enough if he were better tuned. He is much
smarter than the emacs shrink, for example. :-P

 The "Flaming Thunder" looks promising, but without being free
software, it's unlikely it will create a large developer community,
specially considering both free general purpose and scientific
programming languages.