Buffer Overflow with Python 2.5 on Vista in import site

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 13:29:22 EDT 2008

On Mar 30, 3:53 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> En Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:34:27 -0300, Fuzzyman <fuzzy... at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > A very odd error with Python 2.5 (both 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 from the
> > official msi installers and running on Vista under Parallels on the
> > Mac).
>
> It may be actually a Parallels issue - I've installed 2.5.1 on Vista (just
> once, on a real PC) and it worked fine. Anyway a better place for bug
> reports is bugs.python.org
>
> Mmm, maybe you should check all your .pth files - looks like this strange
> path comes from one of them.

I think it comes from the '._something.pth' that Textmate created as a
temporary file when I edited a 'pth' file. The 'macromates' text in
their is from textmate. I'm not sure if it is Mac specific or Texmate
specific, but those temp files are really annoying.

Thanks.

Michael
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/