What motivates all unpaid volunteers at Pycon?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Mar 31 22:35:01 EDT 2008

In article <7b539c8e-af4c-4409-81bc-d94e687eea59 at i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
seberino at spawar.navy.mil <seberino at spawar.navy.mil> wrote:

>I was impressed and humbled by all the unpaid volunteers at Pycon.

What about the unpaid volunteers who weren't at PyCon?  ;-)

>I was wondering what motivated so many people to give so much to the
>Python community.

There really isn't any simple answer.  Most people seem to be motivated
to help out their communities, and Python certainly has a substantial
community associated with it.  However, that motivation plays out in
different ways for each person; some people create patches for Python and
others volunteer for PyCon.

--Bill Harlan