placing a Python com object into Excel

Michael Wieher michael.wieher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 16:18:33 EDT 2008

2008/3/17, Mathew <myeates at jpl.nasa.gov>:

> Hi
> I have seen examples from Mark Hammonds book where a Python COM object
> is accessed from Excel with a VBA script. But, what if I want to Insert
> a Python COM into the Sheet itself?
>
> When I try this, a list of available objects appear. But my object isn't
> on the list.
>
> Anybody have any ideas?

Well,  how are you inserting it?  My experience with MS-Visual Studio is
that you first have to register the COM/ActiveX component with the system in
some way (ie: so that Visual Studio knows it exists) and from there, you
drop it into your application using the GUI.  If Visual Studio hasn't been
told the COM object exists, it won't be able to incorporate it.  Here's a
link describing how to insert a COM object in Visual Studio .NET.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307367

If that doesn't help, look for something similar, not sure which version of
VS you're running.