Can I run a python program from within emacs?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Mar 20 11:59:47 EDT 2008

On 2008-03-20, jmDesktop <needin4mation at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 20, 11:21 am, Grant Edwards <gra... at visi.com> wrote:
>> On 2008-03-20, jmDesktop <needin4mat... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, I'm trying to learn Python.  I using Aquamac an emac
>> > implementation with mac os x.  I have a program.  If I go to the
>> > command prompt and type pythong myprog.py, it works.  Can the program
>> > be run from within the editor or is that not how development is done?
>> > I ask because I was using Visual Studio with C# and, if you're
>> > familiar, you just hit run and it works.  On Python do I use the
>> > editor for editing only and then run the program from the command
>> > line?
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=emacs+python
>
> Gee.  Thanks.

Golly.  You're welcome.  Don't the hits on the first page
answer your question?  They explain how to do things like run
python programs from within emacs (including how to do
source-level debugging).

This is probably one of the better pages that the google search
above found:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/EmacsEditor

--
Grant