How to convert latex-based docs written with Python 2.5 to 2.6 framework

Waldemar Osuch waldemar.osuch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 03:18:55 EDT 2008

On Mar 26, 1:37 pm, Michael Ströder <mich... at stroeder.com> wrote:
> HI!
>
> I had a look on how Doc/ is organized with Python 2.6. There are files with
> suffix .rst. Hmm...
>
> I'm maintaing existing docs for python-ldap which I might have to convert to
> the new concept in the long run. What's the recommended procedure for doing
> so? Any pointer?
>
> Ciao, Michael.

I found the original python docs converter here:
http://svn.python.org/projects/doctools/converter/

Unfortunately it is very specific to the Python docs :)
I did try to run it on python-ldap .tex files and I was partially
successful.
It has produced a skeleton of the docs in the new format.
After couple of hours of manual conversion I got far enough to
actually
see some results.

Whatever I did is definitely not in finished state but it could be a
start.
Send me an off-line email if you are interested in what I have got so
far.

Waldemar