Difference between 'function' and 'method'

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Mar 4 22:01:32 EST 2008

En Wed, 05 Mar 2008 00:30:26 -0200, <castironpi at gmail.com> escribió:

>> > Traceback (most recent call last):
>> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>> > TypeError: type 'function' is not an acceptable base type
>>
>> Use delegation instead of inheritance. This class is almost
>> indistinguishable from a true function (when used as a method):

[... long interactive example ...]

> I actually don't believe you-- bar is not bound to an instance when P
> is initialized... er, instantiated.  However, the evidence indicates
> my belief mechanism is faulty... and rather conclusively at that.
> <moves to acquire new evidence>  If P calls __get__( you ), is p a
> gotcha?

I didn't cheat, that was an actual Python interactive session. So you'll
have to formulate a new theory taking into account the new facts... or
read how the descriptor protocol works http://www.python.org/doc/newstyle/
I don't understand your last sentence.

--
Gabriel Genellina