Monitoring SSHd and web servers?

Shane Geiger sgeiger at ncee.net
Fri Mar 14 12:46:17 EDT 2008

I would recommend using a tried-and-true solution for making sure your
uptime of various services is maximized (if that's what your goal is).

Running a local "daemon-monitoring daemon" is one option--monit does a
good job.  Checking services over the network, as nagios does well, is
another solution.

--
Shane Geiger
IT Director

Leading the Campaign for Economic and Financial Literacy