Spaces in path name

Bryan Olson fakeaddress at nowhere.org
Fri Mar 14 04:25:07 EDT 2008

David S wrote:

> Using "C:\Program Files\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin\ant.bat" just gives me the same
> result.

Did you try the raw string, with the .bat extension? As in:

   r'C:\Program Files\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin\ant.bat'

After Microsoft started allowing blanks in paths, it took them years to
fix many common cases where their own software choked on the paths. I
got into the habit of installing everything under c:\bin rather than
C:\Program Files. I still do that just to avoid writing essays into
my PATH variable.

--
--Bryan