Types, Cython, program readability

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Mon Mar 17 06:21:32 EDT 2008

"Tom Stambaugh" <tms at zeetix.com> wrote:

> For example, the new (!) simplejson (v1.7.4) doesn't compile correctly
> (on my WinXP system, at least) with either any current MS or MinGW
> compiler. Oh, I know I can make it work if I spend enough time on it
> -- but the binary egg I eventually found seems to work just fine.

I've also just spent a while getting simplejson 1.7.4 to install on a (non-
windows) system without a C compiler.

The trick is to unzip the tar file and then before you try to install it
delete everything in simplejson.egg-info. Then 'setup.py install' will run
to completion and while it warns about 'speedups are not enabled.' it
doesn't take it as fatal error.

Without this step it preserves the reference to native_libs.txt in
SOURCES.txt even though the native_libs.txt file itself gets deleted.