Finding Full Path to Process EXE

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Mar 31 03:50:34 EDT 2008

misceverything at gmail.com wrote:
> That's not a problem - I'm only interested in Win2k+.  Thanks for the
> caveat.
>
> On a similar note, is there a way (preferably using WMI) to get the
> full path to the executable that has a port open (the same thing that
> fport does, just implemented in Python)?

It looks as though it might be possible with the (not
installed by default) SNMP WMI provider. Haven't tried
it myself, but there's some info here:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi/msg/761b8497826e4aea

and here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa393621(VS.85).aspx

Alternatively, look around for the GetExtendedTcpTable functionality
and so on.

Sorry, this isn't really my area -- all I've done here is to let
my fingers do the walking.

TJG