Build complete, now I just need to "install" it...

Ryan Ginstrom software at ginstrom.com
Sun Mar 30 11:40:07 EDT 2008

> On Behalf Of axl
> Since I don't have access to MSVS 2003 I need to rebuild
> Python using MSVS 2008 in order for the binaries to go along.

Another option is to compile your extensions with gcc, and specify that it
link to MSVCR71.dll as the C runtime.

For MinGW, it's sufficient to edit the specs (e.g. in
C:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2) like so:
*libgcc:
%{mthreads:-lmingwthrd} -lmingw32 -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcr71

And tell distutils to use mingw, by putting this in
lib/distutils/distutils.cfg:
[build]
compiler=mingw32
[build_ext]