Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Feb 18)

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 11:13:23 EDT 2008

On Mar 10, 2:33 pm, Piet van Oostrum <p... at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

> >GG> "Given this indispensable process and architecture issue, isn't it

I've just been at a student conference in Krakow (SFI) where I heard a
talk by Gilad Bracha on the problems with Java (and he is in a
position to know!).

I will write it up in a blog entry, but my two favourite quotes from
his talk are:

1. The programs that can be written in languages with static type
systems are a subset of all possible programs. For some people this is
enough.
2. Mandatory static typing is an inherent security risk.

He has a very interesting tale about Java to demonstrate the second
point...

Michael
http://www.manning.com/foord