Need Help Starting Out

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:10:17 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM, jmDesktop <needin4mation at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I would like to start using Python, but am unsure where to begin.
>  I know how to look up a tutorial and learn the language, but not what
>  all technologies to use.  I saw references to plain Python, Django,
>  and other things.
>
>  I want to use it for web building with database access.  What do I use
>  for that?  Does it matter what I use on the client side (mootools, or
>  whatever)?

If you are going to be developing web applications, there are many
excellent frameworks available, all of which provide database support.
If you are looking to develop desktop applications, you should check
out Dabo (http://dabodev.com). They integrate data access and GUI
controls, making it simple to create database apps. They use wxPython
for the UI layer, but hide all of its ugliness, allowing you to
program to a clean, consistent API for your GUI.

--

# p.d.