Improving datetime

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Mar 21 12:49:41 EDT 2008

In article <mailman.2168.1205962913.9267.python-list at python.org>,
Nicholas F. Fabry <nick.fabry at coredump.us> wrote:

>Please clarify how long a novel is?  The problem with the modules are
>not bugs, they are problems with real world use scenarios that result
>in inescabably ugly code without improvements to the module - so the
>explanations involve code samples and use cases... so they may be
>'long'.  Could you suggest a maximum number of (70 char) lines, or an
>example of an overly long proposal?

I'd suggest starting with a simple example of a problem you see.  You may
well be up against a design constraint: the datetime module is intended
to provide *simple* and reasonably robust handling.  There doesn't seem
to be a PEP, unfortunately, but you might want to look for the discussion
history leading to the including of datetime.

--Bill Harlan