socket error when loading the shell?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Sun Mar 30 18:48:32 EDT 2008

vokinloksar at yahoo.se wrote:
> using python and wpython.

What's wpython?

> when using run module or python shell on the run menu in the GUI i
> get "socket error, connection refused".
>
> it worked before, what si wrong now?

There's no process listening for the port you try to connect to, so
the target host refuses.

> and i cant find where to start the shell directly.

Well, for me, ALT-F2 xterm[Enter] works.

> think i had an exe before but cant seem to find it now.

You mean the Python interpreter? It's probably located on your
system root in a directory called python<version>. But I'd rather
use IDLE.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #338:

old inkjet cartridges emanate barium-based fumes