Partial Function Application and implicit self problem

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 27 05:20:53 EDT 2008

En Thu, 27 Mar 2008 05:40:30 -0300, Gabriel Rossetti
<gabriel.rossetti at mydeskfriend.com> escribió:

>>>          if(atomic):
>>>        # Lock the service dict and register the service, then unlock it
>>>        self.__mutex.lock(reg, service)
>>>        self.__mutex.unlock()

I see that you've already solved your original problem. But looking at
those names, I wonder if you're using the mutex module; note that such
"mutex" is absolutely useless in a multithreaded program, it doesn't
guarantee mutual exclusion, the "atomic" testandset operation isn't atomic
at all, by example.
For a "real" mutex, use a threading.Lock object.

--
Gabriel Genellina