Spaces in path name

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Mar 16 10:09:30 EDT 2008

joep wrote:

> Tim Golden wrote:
>
>> subprocess.call ([
>>
>>    r"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\acro reader.exe",
>>
>> r"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acr
>> obat 5.0\Reader\plug_ins.donotuse\Annotations\Stamps\abc def.pdf"
>>
>> ])
>>
>> Can you confirm that something equivalent *doesn't* work on your
>> setup? Or have I misunderstood your point earlier? I'd really
>> like to get to the point where we can definitively state: this
>> works (and possibly: that doesn't).
>>
>> Thanks
>> TJG
>
> This works without problems for me on Windows XP, Python 2.4.3

OK. That's good, at least.

> I often had problems understanding subprocess.Popen and getting it to
> work.

I usually have to go back-and-forth between worked examples,
I admit.

[... snip problem with Popen ...]

Ah. I assumed that .call simply handed off to Popen.
I'll do some looking into that in case I need to add
a warning to the webpage. (And, maybe, a bug report).

Thanks for following this up.

TJG