Converting a string to the most probable type

Malcolm Greene python at bdurham.com
Sun Mar 9 11:10:56 EDT 2008

Pierre,

> That's fine for people who write floats with a "." ; but others learn to enter them with ","

I have also been looking for a similar Python conversion library. One of
my requirements is that such a library must be locale aware (so it can
make reasonable assumptions regarding locale properties like thousands
separators, decimal points, etc) - either via a locale attribute or by
examining the locale of the thread its running under.

Malcolm