Cannot build Python 2.4 SRPM on x64 platform

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 16 11:38:35 EDT 2008

"Michael Wieher" <michael.wieher at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fb251aba0803160709w475de08cg1cabedcfb2205672 at mail.gmail.com...
> Sorry I don't have much of a better idea, but if I had this kind of
> problem
> with an RPM, I'd just grab the tarball and start hacking away at
> ./configure
> pre-requirements, trying to use --options to trim it down to the bare
> minimal and see if I can get it to load up.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did try to build from the tarball, and make &
make install work fine, but I still don't have any lib64 directories.  I get
the impression that the config script doesn't build for 64bit platforms.  Do
I need to pass any particular arguments to the ./configure script and/or the
make/make install commands in order to ensure this being built for 64bits?

Thanks,

Eric