sympy: what's wrong with this picture?

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:11:03 EST 2008

On Mar 4, 10:50 am, Lie <Lie.1... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 1:12 pm, Mensanator <mensana... at aol.com> wrote:

> > > All programs have bugs, which means that in some circumstances, they
> > > won't work.
>
> > And in such circumstances, would be worthless.
>
> > > Therefore, by your reasoning, all programs are worse than
> > > useless.
>
> > That doesn't follow from my reasoning.
>
> > Suppose you downloaded a new calculator program that
> > couldn't add properly. That would be useless to you, right?
>
> > But suppose the program contained a virus that erased
> > your hard drive. That would be "worse than useless", wouldn't it?

> > > No, of course not, since logically you must think all software is useless.
>
> > Somehow, I expected better logic from people who call themselves
> > programmers.
>
> Mensanator, for alls sake, you've done right by pointing out the bug
> instead of muttering silently in your room, but there is a thing
> called tolerance that you really should learn, it's about tolerating
> and understanding the possibility that other people are humans too and
> humans create mistakes, lots of them in fact and that includes you (if
> you're humans). Along with tolerance should come a better choice of
> wordings, instead of saying "it sucks because it does something
> unexpected and unwanted" and telling everyone not to use it, you could
> just say "it does something unexpected and unwanted" and say that you
> wanted it fixed. It's not that you've done anything wrong, but it's
> about your attitude.- Hide quoted text -

All of your statements were true.
You expressed your emotions, your observations, and desire.
You corrected statements incorrect that others made earlier.
Others gave you orders, their observations of your character, and
expressed their emotions.
Now keep your noses in the keyboard and simmer down.  I won't stand
for this.