Why prefer != over <> for Python 3.0?

Lie Lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:07:41 EDT 2008

On Mar 30, 5:25 pm, Bjoern Schliessmann <usenet-
mail-0306.20.chr0n... at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Lie wrote:
> > Ah yes, that is also used (I completely forgot about that one, my
> > math's aren't that sharp anymore) and I think it's used more
> > frequently than ><.
>
> Where did you read that (I mean, which country)? I've never seen
> this sign in any german or english book on
> mathematics/physics/engineering I saw.

It was in my elementary school at Indonesia (FYI, it is also used as
antonym sign in languages (at least in my country)). And I think I'll
retract that claim, >< wasn't the standard, a crossed = is the
standard (btw, with a little imagination != looks like a crossed =).